Start Residential Service
This information is for customers who have a single family home, townhome, duplex, quadraplex or other type of home with an individual meter. (For mobile homes or other commercial accounts, click here).
We make it easy to start your water service conveniently online or by phone. New service connections are scheduled for the next business day.
New service deposits may be paid online using debit or credit cards through our third-party payment processor Invoice Cloud, who charges a convenience fee of $2.15.
The following documents are required, along with the appropriate deposit, when applying for new service:
- Picture identification
- For property owners, proof of ownership
- For a renter/lessee, proof of rental/lease agreement
- Social Security numbers or Tax ID numbers for everyone whose name appears on proof of ownership or rental/lease agreements
- Service address (where the water service is to be turned on)
- Phone number
- Mailing address if different than the service address
- Effective date you would like service to be turned on Monday – Friday
- New service connections are not available on weekends or holidays.
New Service Packets
Residential customers must agree to the terms and conditions of the Clayton County Water Authority’s service agreement prior to establishing water service. Anyone setting up new service remotely (via fax, email or telephone), may pay the deposit using a debit or credit card. Our third party payment processor Invoice Cloud will charge $2.15 for using a debit or credit card.
If you need to have temporary service for a home inspection, this service is designed for you. This agreement allows temporary activation of service for up to seven (7) consecutive days and the use of up to 2,000 gallons. There is a $60 non-refundable fee for water only accounts. There is a $70 non-refundable fee for water/sewer accounts. The fee may be paid using cash, check, debit or credit card, or money order when applying for temporary service in person. Just complete the agreement below and bring it to one of our Customer Service locations.