GA EPD declared a Level 1 Drought Response on October 18, 2019 for 103 Georgia Counties, including Clayton County. Level 1 Drought Response requires utilities to provide public education/awareness campaigns about the drought and water conservation tips. At this time, there is no change to outdoor watering use detailed below. However, customers are strongly encouraged to conserve water.
For conservation tips, visit My Drop Counts
Outdoor Water Use
Daily outdoor watering for purposes of planting, growing, managing, or maintaining ground cover, trees, shrubs, or other plants is allowed each day, with the exception of the mid-day hours between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
The following outdoor water uses are allowed daily at any time of the day:
- Commercial agricultural operations as defined in Code Section 1-3-3;
- Capture and reuse of cooling system condensate or storm water in compliance with applicable local ordinances and state guidelines;
- Reuse of gray water in compliance with Code Section 31-3-5.2 and applicable local board of health regulations adopted pursuant thereto;
- Use of reclaimed waste water by a designated user from a system permitted by the Environmental Protection Division of the department to provide reclaimed waste water;
- Irrigation of personal food gardens;
- Irrigation of new and replanted plant, seed, or turf in landscapes, golf courses, or sports turf fields during installation and for a period of 30 days immediately following the date of installation;
- Drip irrigation or irrigation using soaker hoses;
- Handwatering with a hose with automatic cutoff or handheld container;
- Use of water withdrawn from private water wells or surface water by an owner or operator of property if such well or surface water is on said property;
- Irrigation of horticultural crops held for sale, resale or installation;
- Irrigation of athletic fields, golf courses, or public turf grass recreational areas;
- Installation, maintenance, or calibration of irrigation systems; or
For more information concerning outdoor water use, please go to: http://epd.georgia.gov/outdoor-water-use-information.