CCWA hosts Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in the spring to give Clayton County residents the chance to drop off a wide variety of items we often have stored around the house that have a detrimental effect on our environment. This event is hosted by our Stormwater Utility and is free. Our 2021 event is being held on Saturday, March 27 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at our W.B. Casey Water Resource Recovery Facilty off Flint River Road in Jonesboro. Please enter at 8890 Roberts Road.
There are some changes to this year’s event.
- Pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter medications will not be accepted.
- Residents are asked to remain in their vehicles at the unloading zone.
- If you must get out of your vehicles, CCWA officials ask that you wear a face mask/covering.
The following items are accepted:
- household paints (latex & oil)
- oven cleaners
- cooking oil/grease
- bleaches & chlorine
- drain cleaners
- pesticides & herbicides
- automotive & household batteries
- motor oil
- transmission fluid
- paint thinner
- wood strippers
- insect sprays & rodent killers
- propane & butane tanks
- fluorescent bulbs
- fire extinguishers
The following items are NOT accepted:
- Over the counter medications and pharmaceuticals
- household trash
- automotive tires
- old computers/monitors
- yard waste
Prescription/Over the Counter Medication Local Drop Box Locations
The Clayton County Water Authority thanks you for doing your part to protect our environment and prevent misuse and abuse. Here is a list of local drop box locations for prescription and over-the-counter medications.
CVS Pharmacy CVS Pharmacy
22 Upper Riverdale Road, Riverdale 5095 Mount Zion Parkway, Stockbridge
Walgreens Pharmacy Clayton County Police Headquarters
1855 Hudson Bridge Road, Stockbridge 7911 North McDonough Street, Jonesboro