CCWA hosts Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in April to give Clayton County residents the chance to drop off a wide variety of items we often have stored around the house that have a detrimental effect on our environment. This event is hosted by our Stormwater Utility and is free. Our 2020 event is being held on Saturday, September 26 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at our W.B. Casey Water Resource Recovery Facilty off Flint River Road in Jonesboro. Please enter at 8890 Roberts Road.
There are some changes to this year’s event.
- Pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter medications will not be accepted.
- Residents are asked to remain in their vehicles at the unloading zone.
- If they must get out of their vehicles, CCWA officials ask that they wear a face mask/covering
The following items are accepted:
- household paints (latex & oil)
- oven cleaners
- cooking oil/grease
- bleaches & chlorine
- drain cleaners
- pesticides & herbicides
- automotive & household batteries
- motor oil
- transmission fluid
- paint thinner
- wood strippers
- insect sprays & rodent killers
- propane & butane tanks
- fluorescent bulbs
- fire extinguishers
The following items are NOT accepted:
- Over the counter medications and pharmaceuticals
- household trash
- automotive tires
- old computers/monitors
- yard waste