Non-Residential Stormwater Billing
Non-residential properties (such as commercial or multi-family) are billed based on the actual amount of impervious surface located on the property. Actual impervious surface is determined by using aerial photography that is digitized and matched to the County’s tax records. Stormwater charges for these accounts are based on $3.75 per stormwater unit. One stormwater unit is equal to 2,950 square feet of impervious surface. CCWA customers receive a monthly stormwater fee on their water and sewer bill.
Stormwater Fee Credit
If you are a business looking to apply for a Stormwater Fee Credit, please print and complete the application below. Then, mail it to the attention of: CCWA Stormwater Utility, 1600 Battle Creek Rd., Morrow, GA 30260. If you have any questions, please contact our Stormwater staff at 770-302-1768 or CCWA_Floodplain@ccwa.us.
Changes to Impervious Surface Linked to Non-Residential Accounts
Clayton County Water Authority recently improved the accuracy of its impervious surface parcel data for non-residential accounts through updated aerial photography. These improvements led to reconciled variances in our Billing and Geographic Information System (GIS). To view the impervious surface linked to your account, click on the following link: Impervious Surface Portal
Non-Residential customers affected were notified via letter.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why has my bill increase? During a recent review of our Billing and Geographic Information System (GIS), it was determined that your impervious surface has changed since our last update in 2015.
- When does the change go into effect? Changes go into effect on September 1, 2021. The change will be reflected on September 2021 bills.
- Why are we now charging for the roads in mobile home parks? Multi-family accounts as currently being billed for the roads inside their complexes. Our goal is to make sure that we are fair and consistent across the board.
- Will I be back billed? No, you will only be billed from September 2021 going forward
- How do I know that I am being charged correctly? Your specific property was reviewed, and a change was determined. To review these changes, click on the following link: Impervious Surface Portal
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our business office Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 770-960-6962 or by email at CCWA_Stormwaterbilling@ccwa.us.