CCWA will be closed on Wednesday, June 19 in observance of the Juneteenth holiday. We will resume normal business hours on Thursday, June 20. If you have a water, sewer or stormwater emergency, please call us at 770-960-5200.

Translate: English Spanish Vietnamese

Customer Service Frequently Asked Questions

How often will I be billed?

CCWA customers are billed monthly.

What is the minimum residential bill?

Effective January 1, 2024, Water Only Customers (customers with septic tanks) are charged a base rate of $12.55. Water and Sewer Customers are charged a base rate of $25.95 ($12.55 for water and $13.40 for sewer).

Customers are charged for water usage based on the following conservation tiers:

Single Family Residential Water Rates:

Monthly Use Usage Rate per Thousand Gallons
1,000 to 3,000 gallons – $2.95 per thousand gallons
4,000 to 7,000 gallons – $7.09 per thousand gallons
8,000 to 20,000 gallons – $8.78 per thousand gallons
More than 20,000 gallons – $10.53 per thousand gallons

Customers are charged for sewer usage based on the following conservation tiers:

Single Family Residential Sewer Rates:

Monthly Use Usage Rate per Thousand Gallons
1,000 to 3,000 gallons – $3.20 per thousand gallons
More than 3,000 gallons – $7.53 per thousand gallons

All customers are billed a monthly Stormwater fee. Residential customers are billed $3.75 each month. Non-residential properties are billed based on the actual amount of impervious surface on their property. Visit the Stormwater section of our web site for more details.

How much is the deposit for new service?

As of September 2, 2015, the deposit for Residential Accounts (single family houses, townhouses, duplexes or quadraplexes) are based on a customer’s credit rating. Credit history is checked using Online Utility Exchange (OUE), which is also used to validate customer’s social security number as a part of compliance with the Red Flag Rules required by the Federal Trade Commission. OUE performs a “soft credit check” comparing the customer payment history with other utilities on record.

Residential Account deposits are $0, $40 or $80 for water service and the same amounts for sewer service based on the customer’s credit rating. If the customer maintains a good payment history for 2 years, or 24 months of service, the customer’s deposit will be refunded.

Contact Customer Service at 770.960.5200 to find out the required deposit for Multi-Family Accounts (apartments, mobile homes, hotels or motels) and Non-Residential Accounts (commercial, industrial and government).

What determines a good pay record?

CCWA defines a good record of pay as an account with no more than two (2) late fees charged within the latest 24 month period. There should be no returned checks or disconnection of service for failure to pay the monthly bill.

Do I need to be at home to have my new water service connected?

CCWA customers do not have to be at home for their water service to be connected. A Field Representative will come to your home and connect your service at the water meter. However, you need to turn off everything (such as water faucets, etc.) that uses water prior to your new service being connected. If anything that uses water is left on, the water meter dials will be turning indicating that something has been left on that uses water. The CCWA Field Representative will not leave the water meter on and will leave a door tag for the customer to contact our Customer Service.

What forms of payment do you accept? Can I make payments over the phone?

We accept cash, check, money order, debit cards, Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover. Our third party payment service provided by Invoice Cloud charges a $2.25 convenience fee for all debit and credit card transactions. Click here to pay online, or call 1.844.321.9520 toll free to make a payment.

Where are your Customer Service locations?

Our Headquarters building is located at 1600 Battle Creek Road, Morrow, GA 30260. All customer service transactions (including establishing new service or reconnecting service) can be handled at this location from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

What documents are acceptable forms of identification to establish new service?

All new services require a landlord lease agreement, real estate broker firm lease agreement or settlement statement. We also require photo identification.

How long does it take to establish service if I walk into your location?

Please allow for 10-15 minutes for us to process your application for service. During this time, a Customer Service Representative will need your completed application, a form of picture identification, social security number, proof that you own or are leasing the property, and the appropriate deposit for service. When applying for new service in person, deposits need to be paid using cash, check or money order. For new Clayton County Water Authority customers with two names on their lease or settlement statement, both social security numbers will be required for new service. One person can come in to start service, but they will have to provide ID and social security numbers for both parties. Your information will then be entered into our system and a work order will be processed to connect your service the next business day. If you are applying for new service via fax, please return the completed and signed Application for Service and Service Agreement to 770.960.5894. It will take 3 -5 business days to process any New Service Agreements that are faxed or emailed to Customer Service. If you have any questions regarding new service, please call 770.960.3606.

I paid a deposit for new service today, so why can’t I have my service connected today?

CCWA establishes new service accounts by dispatching a field representative to your residence or business to obtain a reading of your meter. CCWA must coordinate the service request schedules of all customers. In order to meet all new service requests, we need one (1) business day from the time of the request to connect your service.

Why am I charged a $25 new service fee to establish service?

The new service fee is a “one time” charge which covers costs associated with sending a field representative to your residence or business for reading and/or connecting service.

Why can’t I just be billed for water service only and not water and sewer service?

The type of service received from CCWA is determined by whether your home is on a septic system or the county’s water/sewer system. If your home is on a septic system, then CCWA supplies your residence or business with “water only”. If your residence or business is connected to the water/sewer system, then we provide both “water and sewer,” for which both services are billed.

What date should I use as the due date to pay my water bill?

CCWA bills are to be paid by the “Due Date” listed on the return portion of your bill. If there is a previous balance on the account, this amount is reflected at the top of the bill (underneath the account address). To the right of the “Previous Balance,” you will find a disconnection date. If the “Previous Balance” is not paid by the disconnection date, the water service will be turned off and a reconnection fee totaling the outstanding balance for the account must be paid before service is reconnected.

My water service was disconnected due to non-payment on my account. Can I turn the water back on myself?

No. CCWA requires that once service has been disconnected due to non-payment, the customer must pay the outstanding balance on the account, including disconnect and reconnect fees. The forms of payments accepted are cash, debit or credit cards. Checks are not accepted for this type of service. Any one caught tampering with a CCWA water meter will be fined $500 per incident for a single family residential account and $1,500 per incident for a multi-family or commercial account.

If I have any questions about my bill or my account, who do I contact?

Contact our Call Center at 770.960.5200.

Do you give discounts to Senior Citizens?

CCWA’s Low-Income Discount Program has replaced the senior citizen discount, offering assistance to all customers under 150% of the federal poverty level guidelines. This program provides a monthly discount of up to $5 on water and sewer bills ($2.50 off water and $2.50 off sewer). Eligibility for the program is determined by Clayton County Community Services Authority, Inc. (CCCSA). To qualify for this program, customers must meet the income eligibility requirements (please contact CCCSA for detailed information) and provide proof of residency and income.

To apply:

  • Complete the Low-Income Discount Application.
  • Submit the completed application along with the required documentation to Clayton County Community Services Authority (CCCSA). For further details, please click here.
I had or have a water leak and didn’t use the water. Why do I have to pay for this water?

CCWA requires that all water meters be read every month and that each account be updated with the reading for the month. If the residence or business has experienced a water leak, it is up to the residence or business to repair the leak. Once the leak has been repaired, the customer can bring a Customer Service Representative a receipt of supplies or services completed to fix the leak. At that time, CCWA will review the account and determine if a credit adjustment is appropriate. There are significant costs in producing clean water and delivering it on a continuous basis to your home or business, therefore, any water that passes through your meter must be paid for.

What is the Stormwater fee on my bill for and how was it determined?

CCWA developed a StormWater Management Utility at the request of the Clayton County Board of Commissioners and the six cities of Clayton County to address stormwater pollution, flooding and maintenance of the stormwater infrastructure. This monthly fee began in 2007 shortly before CCWA took responsibility for all stormwater related management and maintenance activities from the County and Cities. The fee is based on the amount of imperious surface on a property (rooftops, parking lots, driveways, etc.) that does not allow rainfall to penetrate into the ground, but instead causes it to runoff into our streams and rivers. Single family residential properties are billed a flat rate of $3.75 per month, while non-residential properties are billed based on the actual amount of impervious surface on their property. Please refer to the Stormwater Section of our web site for more information about this fee.