Clayton County Water Reopening Lobbies and Wetlands Trail June 15
Customer Service locations resume normal schedule; trail schedule being adjusted
Morrow, Georgia – – Clayton County Water Authority (CCWA) is reopening its two customer service locations and its Newman Wetlands Center trail on June 15 following CDC guidelines.
Officials closed the Morrow and Forest Park customer service lobbies, the Newman Wetlands Center and its trails, in early April to help stop the spread of COVID-19. CCWA is now prepared to re-open the two lobbies and Wetlands Center trail with new guidelines. The Wetlands Center’s Learning Center remains closed at this time.
“Our team has worked hard developing reopening plans following CDC guidelines on social distancing and other precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” says H. Bernard Franks, CCWA general manager. “We look forward to seeing our customers and visitors return.”
In an effort to protect employees, customers and visitors from the spread of COVID-19, every CCWA staff member is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and fever before they report to work each day. Staff members also are required to wear a face covering/mask when in common areas or public facing areas.
Customer Service lobbies will be open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The following new guidelines will be in place for customers and visitors inside our CCWA Customer Service lobbies:
- If a customer/visitor has any symptoms related to COVID-19, we ask that they use our drive-thru service instead of coming inside.
- Face coverings/masks will be required while in a CCWA Customer Service lobby.
- The number of visitors allowed at one time inside the lobby is limited at each location to allow for social distancing. (10 at the HQ location and 4 at the Forest Park location)
- We ask that all visitors abide by social distancing guidelines and remain at least six (6) feet apart. Floor markers are provided to help.
Customers still have other payment options, including:
- Drive-thru services are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Drop boxes at the HQ Complex, Forest Park Office, Terry R. Hicks Complex (1693 Freeman Road, Jonesboro) and Riverdale City Hall (6690 Church Street, Riverdale)
- Online at ccwa.us
- By phone using Speedpay (1.877.467.5110)
- A list of additional payment options may be found at ccwa.us/payment-options
The Wetlands Center trail will be open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The following guidelines are now in place for the Wetlands Center trail:
- All visitors over the age of five (5) must wear a face covering/mask at all times.
- Keep a minimum of six (6) feet between you and other visitors.
- Follow directional signs along the trail.
Follow us on Facebook @ClaytonCountyWater and @NewmanWetlandsCenter.