Road Closure Notice: Flat Shoals Rd. Closing to Through Traffic Beginning Monday, August 8 Between Margaret Cir. and Yellowood Ct.
for Culvert Replacement Work
July 29, 2022 – (Morrow, GA) – Clayton County Water Authority’s (CCWA) Stormwater Utility has identified corrugated metal pipe culverts within a Camp Creek Tributary that are failing and in need of replacement. The culverts are located on Flat Shoals Road between Margaret Circle and Yellowood Court, in unincorporated College Park.
CCWA contractors, Benchmark Management and The Corbett Group, will be replacing the culverts and performing final site restoration activities. Due to the amount of work needed to complete these tasks, Flat Shoals Road will be closed to through traffic beginning August 8, 2022. Work is scheduled to last approximately four (4) months. This work is being funded through a low interest loan from the Georgia Environment Finance Authority (GEFA).
This road closure may impact normal access to residences. Detour signage will be posted showing the reroutes to East Fayetteville Road and Riverdale Road.
- Motorists are to follow detours noted by signage
- Access to all residences will be maintained during the roadway closure period
- Residents will continue to have access to mail and package delivery, emergency services and trash pick-up
- If someone must enter the work zone for any reason, they should proceed with caution
- Parking on the street near the construction zone is strictly prohibited
CCWA will provide project updates on Facebook @ClaytonCountyWater.