Frequently Asked Questions

Community Use Buildings

How can I reserve the facility?

You must schedule an appointment by calling 770.603.5600.

Do I have to be a resident of Clayton County to rent a facility?

No. The facilities are available for public rental. However, if you are not a resident of Clayton County, an additional $100 will be added to the rental fee. Applicants must be at least 21 years old to rent in their name.

How far in advance must I reserve the facility?

While there is no set time, Saturdays and Sundays are very popular rental days and are often reserved one year in advance.

How can I get a tour of the facility?

To view the Shamrock Facility, you can check the online CUB calendar for open public viewing days and times. To view the JW Smith Facility, you must call 770.603.5605 to schedule an appointment.

What is the capacity for each facility?

For all three combined levels of the Shamrock Facility, we allow up to 200 persons. For the JW Smith Facility, we allow up to 50 persons. These are the maximum numbers allowed, whether all attendees are there at one time or not.

Do you have to use a specific caterer if you rent either of the facilities?

No. Renters are welcome to use their own caterer or bring in their own food. The facilities do not have linens or cookware. Renters should bring their own linens and other decorations needed for their event.

What type tables and chairs are provided?

The Shamrock Facility has 20 round tables (60 inch diameter), 20 rectangular tables (96 inches long and 30 inches wide) and 200 stackable plastic molded seat chairs (which are teal green).
The Smith Facility has 10 rectangular tables (72 inches long and 30 inches wide) and 50 stackable plastic molded seat chairs (which are teal green).

Does either facility have a dance floor?

Both facilities have tile floors. Renters must arrange the rooms to accommodate their use.

What are the dimensions of the fireplaces in the buildings?

Shamrock CUB:
Mantle length: 9 foot or 108 inches.
Opening is 45 1/2 inches high and 59 1/2 inches wide.
JW Smith CUB:
Mantle length: 6 foot or 72 inches.
Opening is 24 inches high and 48 inches wide.

Who is responsible for the set up and take down of the tables and chairs?

Renters of the facility are required to set up and takedown the tables and chairs. All set up and take down must be accomplished during the rental period hours.

Can I use rental equipment at the facility?

Yes, provided that all rental equipment is removed by the policy exit time. Note: most rental companies will not pickup rental equipment on weekends. Removal is the responsibility of the renter. Usage of rental equipment should be cleared with Authority personnel prior to the event.

Can I access the facility the day before my rental date for set up?

No, access is from 8:00 a.m. -11:00 p.m. the day of rental at the Shamrock Facility and from 8:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m. the day of rental at the Smith Facility. Note: Business Rental Hours are 8:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.

Are the entrance and exit times in the usage policy flexible?

No, the policy entrance and exit times are firm. Unauthorized access before 8:00 a.m., or failure to exit by the policy exit time, will result in the loss of some or all of the renter’s compliance deposit.

Can I use a portable grill when preparing food for my function?

Yes, as long as the grill is used outside on the driveway. All usage of the grill and disposal of the hot coals must be carried out in a “fire safe” manner so as not to damage the facility or surrounding landscape and yard.

Can I use the yard area outside of the facility once I rent the facility?

Renters have access to the building and the immediate yard area around the building. No function or part of the rental event may take place at the public access areas of the reservoir. Any and all usage of the facility and yard area must be communicated in writing to the Authority and approved prior to the function. Usage that falls outside of the policy guidelines can result in the loss of compliance deposit and possible cancellation of the ongoing event if deemed necessary by Authority Personnel.

What type of artificial substances may I use when holding celebrations at the Facility?

Glitter, confetti and similar substances are prohibited both inside and outside of the facility. Any use of artificial products such as these to include imitation rose petals outside of the facility is considered littering and is prohibited.
Many wedding functions use bubbles or bird seed, which is what we encourage as long as their usage occurs outside of the facility.

What about music, live or recorded?

All music, whether live or recorded, must be confined to the inside of the facility and played at low levels that will not be heard externally and/or disturb the surrounding area. Music with profane or vulgar lyrics is prohibited. The set up of bands and/or musical equipment on the decks, porches or outside areas of the facilities is strictly prohibited.

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept check or money orders made payable to Clayton County Water Authority. If you use our online scheduler, we accept credit or debit cards with Visa or Mastercard logos.

« See all Frequently Asked Questions

Enjoy all the comforts
of home - while saving water, energy & money.


Visit our
Wetlands Center

Learn more about the importance of protecting wetlands environments.